New Orleans | Bourbon Street Favorites
Bourbon Street is a great destination for all visitors to New Orleans. The street from Upper Bourbon Street and on is filled with wonderful destinations. For those seeking some fun, great restaurants and the nightlife of New Orleans, Bourbon Street is a fantastic destination.
This historic street stretches for thirteen blocks, from Canal Street to Pauger Street. Bourbon street has a few sections, the most popular section is "Upper Bourbon Street," which encompasses an eight block stretch of the street along the upper end of the street from Canal Street. This section is filled with attractions for visitors.
Here are a few great destinations along the entire stretch of Bourbon Street
Jean Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop, this is a wonderful historic and fun destination, and it is now a popular bar. Visitors will find this excellent destination in a historic Creole cottage.
The Old Absinthe House, another historic Bourbon Street destination, this was once an importing firm. As history progressed, the bottom floor of the house was turned into a saloon. Today, it continues to be a popular Bourbon Street destination, and visitors should be sure to try the Absinthe House Frappe.
Galatoire's Restaurant is a fantastic destination to enjoy some of New Orleans famous French Creole Cuisine. In face, this is one of the oldest restaurants in the city, and remains one of the most popular.
Pat O'Brien's, World famous for their Hurricanes, a must visit hot spot off Bourbon Street. Enjoy the courtyard, garden and piano bar with restaurant.
The Royal Sonesta Hotel is a beautiful hotel, which is great for those visitors that want to stay right in the excitement that is Bourbon Street.
Bars and more
- Bourbon Cowboy, cowboy bar with a mechanical bull
- Bourbon St. Blues Company, live music and more
- The Cat's Meow, karaoke
- The Famous Door, destination for live music
- The Fat Catz Bar, music club
- Funky Pirate, great blues club
- Howl at the Moon, dueling piano bar
- Johnny White's Hole in the Wall, sports bar and restaurant
- Krazy Korner, jazz, blues and more
- Old Opera House, live music
- R&B club, live music and more
- Razoo Bar & Patio, karaoke and live music
- Tricou House, live zydeco, jazz and more
- Tropical Isle Bourbon, live music and its own famous drink